Black Bean Taco Salad
(serves 2 to 4 depending on additional veggies and appetites)
- one can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 onion diced, OR 2 tbsp chopped, dried onion
- bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (such as Frank's)
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper(start with 1/8 and add more as needed).
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 large head Romain lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- sour cream
- 1/4-1/3 c water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl add a large portion of lettuce and top with beans and corn mixture plus any additional favorite taco toppings like tomatoes, avacado, sour cream, shredded cheese, olives and if you've got it, a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
What's your favorite go-to quick meal?