|D and I after the ceremony|
|the love of my life..(and flower girl)|
|the waterfall at the wedding site...|
My big sister got married this weekend (the last of the three of us), so D and I traveled to Jersey for all of the festivities--and for my weekend long job of Maid of Honor (along with housekeeper, florist, administrative assistant, breakfast cook and babysitter). I'm not complaining. I also ate more food than I care to even think about--but the dresses fit so no harm, no foul...
A few do's and don'ts I learned along the way::
- when given a choice, order a meal that you'd NEVER make yourself..save the chicken for your kitchen.
- give flowers you think you hate a second chance--especially if you're doing your own arranging
- pass on ordering your own dessert if there's a toddler ordering one herself--she'll never finish it and you don't have to be that person.
- keep granola bars on hand for little kids, and airplane bottles on hand for the big kids.
- get a manicure 45 minutes before you have to leave for the airport (it takes all the fun from the pampering)
- plan on doing your own hair if given the choice to have it done for you--the stress, regardless of practice, is not worth saving a few bucks
- forget to laugh--because
someoneeveryone else will and someone needs to find the humor in things